How do you join the West Ada Education Association?
There are 3 easy ways to join the WAEA.
- Talk to an WAEA member in your building.
- Join from the IEA website
- Call the WAEA office at 208-991-6379. They will be happy to help you!
- Email the WAEA President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us today, and we guarantee you will have a membership form through interdistrict mail by tomorrow. We’ll even come to your building to help you fill it out!
- Professional Development in your local & at the statewide Summer Institute
- At the bargaining table — negotiating your contract
- At workshops and training’s — helping you on the job
- At the Capitol — lobbying for education funding to keep your schools running and your job safe
- NEA Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan
- NEA Group Term Life Insurance Plan
- NEA Members Auto & Home Insurance Program
- NEA Car Rental Program
- NEA Credit Card Program
- NEA Magazine Service
Why I Joined the West Ada Education Association
As a new teacher, I knew I would need all the support I could get, which is part of the reason why I became a member of the MEA. I wanted to join an organization that will aid me as an educator by protecting my rights and keeping me up-to-date with what is going on in the district. I look forward to sustaining my membership and to teaching for many years to come.
Kelsey Porter, PE Teacher, Summerwind Elementary
In a hyper-litigious world wherein the public examines teachers as vocational workers, I appreciate the fact that one organization recognizes my efforts to educate our youth. When I pay my dues to the association, I communicate to my peers that I do want educators to receive recognition as professionals, that I do believe we should receive just compensation and protections, and that we can stand together to create just social change. My dues help maintain a community which fights to institute social justice for students, parents, and educators alike.
Teacher, Eagle High